The rest is all history
The people behind hystrix medical
Practical expertise combined with commercial skill and great deal of enthusiasm
- Founded hystrix medical AG in 2017.
- Previously employed at Boston Scientific AG from 2013 – 2017 where he was most recently Managing Director Switzerland and Division Manager Interventional Cardiology Austria.
- From 2007 to 2012, Philippe was employed in various sales and field engineering roles at St. Jude Medical (Schweiz) AG, Zürich.
- Philippe holds an Global Executive MBA from Rotman University of Toronto, Canada and an MBA from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- He also holds a Master’s Degree in Industrial Management and Manufacturing with majors in Biomedical Engineering and Supply Chain Management, as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zürich
- Extensive international experience spanning 12 years at JPMorgan in various functions, most recently as a Corporate Banker in Zürich where he was responsible for the bank’s relationship and sales growth among an international portfolio of large multinational corporate clients
- 7 years of corporate risk management experience at both JPMorgan and previously at Moody’s Investors Service, with job postings in Sydney, Hong Kong, New York and London.
- Board Member of the Australian Swiss Chamber of Commerce with a focus on the startup/SME community
- Highly focused on the international application and development of the hystrix medical mission
- Jonathan holds a BA in Commerce from the University of Sydney with majors in Finance and Accounting
- With over 20 years of experience in IT Engineering and software development, Roman brings an extremely valuable skillset to the hystrix team.
- Roman joined hystrix from Actelion Pharma Schweiz AG where he worked for 8 years, most recently as Head of Global Business Process Applications.
- From 2001 – 2008, Roman was Head of Executive Information Systems at Novartis and has performed various other IT Engineering projects through his own company, Tanyx GmbH.
- Roman has a Post Doc degree in Molecular Modelling, and wrote his Doctoral dissertation on Molecular Modelling Omptimising Algorithms.
- He also holds a BA in Chemistry from the University of Basel.
Members of the Board
- Founder & CEO of Dydon AG, a leading provider of bespoke market information for an active Risk & Compliance Management utilizing Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning technology.
- Serial entrepreneur and strategic investor in small and mid-cap corporations with an IT and industry focus. His passion is the creation of new business ideas and the building of respective IT focused corporations.
- Founded Avanon AG in 1999 which became a leading vendor of a cross-industry IT solution for governance, risk and compliance management. Avanon was acquired by Thomson Reuters GRC in 2012.
- CEO at Digitec Galaxus AG. Digitec is Switzerland’s online market leader in the fields of IT, consumer electronics and communication.
- Galaxus is the largest Swiss online shop with a steadily growing range including categories such as “Home”, “DIY + Garden” and “Sports + Recreation”.
- Highly successful career since founding Digitec in 2001 and later Galaxus in 2012 with sales in 2017 up 19% YoY to CHF861MM and an employee headcount of some 1200 people.
- Since 2016, Galaxus has been using a marketplace model that allows external retailers to sell their products via galaxus.ch
- Florian sees tremendous opportunity for digitization to disrupt the MedTech industry in Switzerland and abroad and to realize valuable efficiencies for all players
- Investment Principal at Zühlke Ventures AG having worked for Zühlke since 2013
- Before he moved to Zühlke Ventures in 2017, he held the roles of Business Unit Manager and Business Solution Manager in the Software Development Department of Zühlke Engineering AG
- Stephan and the Zühlke Ventures AG team were lead investor in hystrix medical’s successful seed finance round which closed in June, 2018.
- Zühlke Ventures support high-tech start-ups from early stage to exit and provide hystrix medical with a valuable network, professional and intensive support and a true partnership approach to value creation.
Stephan "Essi" Fischer
- Long-standing experience as start-up entrepreneur, CEO and in the board of directors of IT service providers, as well as in coaching start-up companies in the online & IT field
- Before he started to support start-ups with his experience in 2014 as an independent consultant, he successfully founded 2 companies, PIDAS and 1eEurope (today Allgeier Switzerland)
- As a member of the hystrix board of directors Essi is the representative of the StartAngels Network, the main investor in the 2nd seed financing round
- The StartAngels Network, a leading Zurich early-stage angel investor community, supports start-ups not only with financing but also with coaching and contacts
Trust in quality – hystrix medical made in Switzerland
At the heart of an innovation such as the hystrix medical marketplace lies the sharing of knowledge and the integration of competence. The innovation dynamism which is hystrix medical’s hallmark can only be achieved and maintained by working together in an interdisciplinary network of experts involved in product development, research and business development – because the end of one development is for us the start of the next development.
In addition to new products, we are also committed to ensuring that the hystrix medical marketplace is expanded in due course to additional markets beyond Switzerland on the basis of sound market intelligence and deep due diligence.