the digital marketplace in healthcare
first digital marketplace for medical
products in Switzerland that extends
beyond pure tendering support to
provide Healthcare providers (“HCPs”)
and MedTech suppliers alike with an:
• accelerated procurement experience
• access to transact at market prices
• smart contracting between counterparties
• automated approval processing
• and the opportunity to significantly redeploy FTE
time and cost to more value additive tasks
Accelerate your business.
The marketplace targets purely MedTech products and specifically those that are considered ‘commodity-like’ i.e. require little or no pre- or after-sales service or support.
hystrix medical utilizes algorithm-based shopping cart optimization to deliver to HCPs the the most economically viable supplier constellation. HCP’s have the ability and choice to both view market prices and to seek improved prices or offerings over the marketplace once top bids have been received.
The overall process and time-to-offer as well as time-to-market is reduced via hystrix medical from months to just minutes.
Our marketplace is designed to significantly accelerate procurement and sales processes and enable considerable savings potential for procurers and suppliers alike. This opportunity is not to be overlooked in a market like Switzerland, where per capita healthcare expenditure is the second highest in the world after the US. In addition, hystrix medical, the hub of healthcare market information, provides all users with insightful market behaviour – free of charge!
Is hystrix medical seeking to reduce product costs?
Reduced costs of all types, mainly process costs, are an expected outcome of the acceleration in process that we are striving to achieve through the hystrix medical marketplace for our users. Product costs alone are not what we are targeting at hystrix medical as our expectation is that the majority of the commodity MedTech products placed on the platform will already be relatively low margin products with very limited/no need of on-site explanation. We see significant process cost reduction and according efficiency increase potential through two main approaches:
- adding the hystrix medical marketplace as the alternative digital distributor for the traditional indirect selling of products by foreign and local MedTech companies. It allows those companies to better differentiate margins paid to 3rd party distributors that currently deliver commodity products to HCPs on their behalf.
- adding the hystrix medical marketplace as an additional human resource neutral sales/purchasing channel to your customer/supplier-centric selling/purchasing strategy. It allows all users to realize a fully coordinated, sustainable touchpoint management that promotes efficiency while reducing the need for loss-making and slow alternative systems/processes
Can I sell products that may expire soon via the hystrix medical marketplace as well?
One of the big issues we are seeking to address through the hystrix medical marketplace is consignment product wastage. Such products are very welcome on the platform and may be sold as special offer at discounted prices to HCPs who will perfectly understand the life span of the products for sale. The platform is designed to accelerate the entire process such that these products do not need to be scrapped.
What trading data collected by hystrix medical do I get access to?
Both HCP’s and suppliers will have access to the most up-to-date pricing and volume data by product. They may call for this data on the basis of last price and volume traded as well as the average price and volume traded by product over the last week/month/year. Importantly, at no point will the trading counterparties be disclosed behind the price and volume numbers. Neither respective HCP or supplier data, transaction or bidding history will be disclosed to other parties.
Why and how is hystrix medical supporting me being a supplier to benefit from cross-selling/portfolio leverage effects?
The hystrix medical founder, Philippe Hügli, was himself in charge of selling MedTech instruments for over a decade. Philippe is acutely aware of the increasingly difficult job that all sales reps in the industry have become faced with i.e. selling ever more products with less support and background knowledge, whilst being answerable for shrinking margins on the portfolio. Philippe wished to be freed from that situation to focus on the higher margin, more complex product sales by precisely outsourcing to a commodity platform those products where his direct involvement was unnecessary. No such platform existed so he decided to found just such a resource.
Our view at hystrix medical is that those MedTech companies that have a firm understanding of the margin dynamic by product will not be resistant to utilizing the powers of a digital platform and realistically paying significantly less than they currently do for those products’ sales. In addition, they free-up resources which can be further invested in sharpening top-notch technical support for highly sophisticated products where the human component represents a continuously increasing differentiation feature.
Why and how is hystrix medical supporting me being on the buyer side to benefit from cross-buying/portfolio leverage effects?
For HCPs, we understand the difficulty that procurement teams have had to compile listings of available products, prices, delivery timetables etc by supplier. This process typically takes a period of months depending on which suppliers are to be approached. By using the hystrix medical marketplace, HCP procurement staff will have the ability to scan the entire available product market for price, volume availability and delivery terms in an instant. This means that several products where there had historically been no capacity to add them to the bidding process due to technology capacity issues, physician approvals or otherwise, will now be able to be viewed and more informed decisions made as to the sense or not to include such suppliers in the hospital list of allowed suppliers.
There is power in knowledge and our marketplace seeks to deliver back to hospital management precisely the information necessary with which to make better and likely more cost effective decisions going forward.
What marketing opportunities could the hystrix medical marketplace provide us with?
The hystrix medical marketplace will provide suppliers with the ability to proactively market specific products that may be carried at a discount. Besides that, the marketplace digitally brings buyers and sellers together and therefore represents an optimal, additional marketing channel having industry-specific expertise on the receiver side.
Additional promotion of services whereby suppliers unbundle from the price of commodity products training, maintenance and/or other forms of after-sales support is to be easily offered through the platform allowing suppliers to provide their customers with a modular solution offering.
How does hystrix medical differentiate from proprietary online supplier shops?
HCPs have universally told us of their frustration with the proprietary shop concept deployed by a number of their suppliers. Whilst the individual supplier online shop addresses the more immediate pricing indication question, the need to login to everyone’s online shop – or at least the small proportion of those companies that have one – is painful versus the hystrix medical marketplace. One login. Maximum portfolio leverage. One bidding round – if desired. Ideally no requirement to negotiate contracts and terms beyond the hystrix smart contract that both parties will have pre-agreed.
Quick, transparent, and convenient.
No need either for suppliers who haven’t already done so to invest in the creation and ongoing maintenance of their own online shop.
How does hystrix medical plan to integrate the marketplace solution from a technical standpoint into the work flow of HCP procurers?
We understand the frustration that HCP procurement teams have in getting technology capacity to add incremental suppliers to ERP or other systems. We have accordingly partnered with a 3rd party provider to deliver (if desired) system integration services e.g. EDI, XML etc.
What confidential patient data is held by hystrix medical?
hystrix medical does not request for, nor maintain any patient specific data. This is a central tenet of our business plan.
- Alternative medicine supplies
- Anesthesia, intensive care supplies
- Angiographic supplies
- Clinical cleaning devices
- Dental (practice, dental technology, orthodontics)
- Diagnostic imaging system
- Drainage, biopsy and puncture equipment
- Endoscopy equipment
- Enteral technique
- Facial care and facial cleansing
- Functional diagnostic service
- Functional diagnostics supplies
- Hospital furniture
- Immobilization therapy
- Implants such as stents, pacemakers or joint replacements
- In-hospital transportation
- Incontinence care
- Injection, infusion or transfusion systems
- Light/microscope (medical)
- Mass transfer device
- Medical aid
- Medical instruments
- Medical specialist equipment
- Medicine (pharmacopeia)
- Ostomy care
- Patient care
- Patient monitoring equipment
- Patient positioning supplies
- Physical rehabilitation devices
- Plaster, medical tape
- Procedures sets
- Retention, compression
- Supplementary products for sterilization equipment
- Surgical covers and drapes
- Surgical device system
- Surgical equipment (instruments)
- Therapy devices
- Vital functions/intensive care medical device
- Wound care
- Wound closure supplies
- Chemical (lab)
- Clinical chemistry
- Dedicated sample container
- Haematology, histology, cytology
- Heating, cooling (lab)
- Infectious immunology
- IVD instruments
- Laboratory incidentals, utilities
- Laboratory measurement
- Laboratory vessel
- Material separation (lab)
- Optical analyse (lab)
- Organic chemicals
- Accident protection
- Accumulator, batteries
- Body care
- Child care supplies and baby care products
- Cleaning and maintenance agents
- Dimensional measuring equipment
- Disinfection and cleansing supplies
- Dispenser, winder, storage system (cleaning agent)
- Dosing and removal aid
- Electrical installation devices
- Explosion protection devices and agents
- Fire protection
- Hand tool
- Household linen textiles
- Infrastructure installation environment (water treatment plan)
- Interior furnishing
- Lighting installation devices
- Mounting pipeline, hose line
- Office products, facility and technic, papeterie
- Packaging,-packing machine
- Packing material (beakers, bags, buckets, boxes, tubes and pockets)
- Packing material (bags, buckets and boxes)
- Pipes and pipe fittings
- Plant, workshop equipment
- Sanitation products
- Separating device (for gases)
- Sign, mandatory sign, traffic sign
- Small household appliances
- Volumetric devices
- Work clothing, protective clothing
- Calculation, simulation
- Concept development
- Consulting, mediation
- Development care
- Development, planning, engineering
- Function development
- Mechanical construction